BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 16, 2010

New Sunday Post Series - My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things


Earlier this week I wrote a post about my fascination with gardening and plants.  Well I can report that all my veggie babies are doing well.  They are soaking up the May sunshine and getting plenty of liquid sunshine and TLC.  I’m just hoping the local furries (rabbits and the like) don’t find my prized veggies.  I have a feeling one day, I’ll look outside and see a bunch rabbits enjoying a mid-day brunch of broccoli and cauliflower leaves...that reminds me, I’ll need to put up a make-shift barrier fence of some sort….oh the joy’s of veggie parenting.

My inspiration for my new Sunday post series, will feature three of my favorite things which reflect my simple pleasures that make life worth living and make my days more enjoyable.  They may not be as influential as Oprah’s favorite things but to me they mean just as much. 

1)     Sunrises and sunsets – I’m always in amazement of these two very significant moments of the day.  Without sunrises and sunsets, our days would never begin nor end and there would be no opportunity for us to reflect on our day, recover from our nights or plan for the next day.  The peace and tranquility of a sunrise is God’s way of giving us a fresh start and the stillness of the night is God’s way of reminding us that tomorrow is only a day away.



2)     Weekends – Finally two and a half days to rest.  A couple of days to leave the stresses of work, pressure for performance and fakeness behind.  Why are we required to work 5 days and only have 2.5 days for rest anyway?  President Obama, I think it’s time you look at this and make some changes.  Please add this to your agenda.

3)     Pomegranate Martinis – cool, refreshing….delicious!!

Recipe:
1 part organic pomegranate juice (I usually get mines from Trader Joes)
1 part Oceanspray CranGrape or CranRaspberry Juice
1 part of premium Vodka

Shake with a couple of ice cubes and serve in a chilled martini glass.




0 comments: