BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Injection Day

Wednesday was Injection Day.  It was one of those events, that when I woke up in the morning, I knew it was going to be on my mind the whole day.  It's kinda like knowing you have a presentation to give at work and no matter how prepared you are, you think about it the whole day and try not to drive yourself crazy before showtime.  For me, I didn't think much about the injection throughout the day but when I came home from work, the anxiety set it.  Have you ever given yourself a shot or inflicted pain on yourself? It's not an easy thing to do by any means, but my choices were limited.  I just continued to think about the greater picture and the "prize" in the end-God willing.


Since hubby was out of town, I decided to record the injection on my laptop.  I thought he'd get a kick out of seeing my performance when he returned.

Now on to the main event.  I gathered all my supplies and set them on the bathroom counter.....laptop, pre-filled syringe, rubbing alcohol and gauze.  I then pressed record on the laptop and started.  

"Good evening family and friends, today is June 9th and I ummm am going to attempt to give myself my first injection ummm..."I'd later find out I said "ummm" the whole way through.  I washed my hands, wiped the injection site (my stomach) with rubbing alcohol and opened up the package that contained the shot. When I saw the needle I screamed and cussed.  "Shit, this is a big ass needle!!!!".  The needle was long and sharp (as any needle would be silly).  It took me a couple of seconds to work up enough nerve to do the injection but I did it.   I DID IT!!!  I ended up having to do it twice because the needle came out the first time but the pain was minimal the second time around.  Thank God!!!

So I survived my first (and hopefully last) injection.  Next week is the big one, the biopsy.  I keep hearing horror stories about this procedure.  It's basically when they will yank (Yes, yank!!!) a sample of my endometrial lining out and send for testing to make sure it contains all the right chemicals and elements necessary for a successful implantation.  You can read more about the procedure here.  I'll be sure to keep you posted.


0 comments: