BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Weekend In Review

I can't believe the Memorial holiday weekend is over.  When I went into work today, it felt like I just left....is it possible that somehow I bypassed the weekend and came into work by mistake.  Unfortunately, I realized that wasn't the case when I saw everyone else there.  Argh!! why couldn't it be Friday all over again.


I had a good weekend.  It was busy and productive, so it flew by but I did get a chance to rest....a little bit. 


Friday - I left work a little early, so I took advantage of my early departure and did some much needed home/grocery shopping (good therapy considering the stressful week I'd just had).  I'd been eyeing a comforter set at Sam's Club for a couple of weeks and dodged traffic to get there to buy it before the memorial day crowds arrived.  I also stopped at my favorite store, Home Goods to pick up some planters for the patio.  I arrived home to find my husband cutting the grass--his favorite hobby.  He wears a green fishing hat my parents got him a while back when he does lawn work and he always looks so serious and determined to get the perfect cut.....I guess it's a man thing. 


The day ended with us eating smoked turkey drumsticks with string beans and corn.  I think I overcooked the drumsticks because they were kinda rubbery.  It didn't matter because by the time I ate, I was too tired to even notice. 


Saturday started off with a brisk run with Mojo.  In an hours time, we covered a lot of ground and were completely exhausted and hot by the time we finished.  I had just enough time to shower and dress before my girl friends stopped by for our planned breakfast outing.   


We don't meet as often as we used to since they now have children and are rather busy.  It was nice to catch up with one another and laugh and gossip and talk about the stuff 30-something women talk about.  During breakfast, I realized just how much I miss having a group of girl friends to share and connect with.  I haven't really had this since high school but I remember those moments so well.  Shopping and traveling together, sharing secrets, gossiping, having lunch from time-to-time,etc.  There's just something special about having girl friends in your life to have your back and your shoulder when you need them.  However, most of my past friendships ended in college---mostly because I had a boyfriend and they didn't.  There's more to that story but that's for another day.  In any event, I'm blessed to have the few friends that I do have and cherish our time together more than they know. 


After breakfast, hubby and I went to Banotai Greenhouse and Pinter's to finally buy some flowers for the season.  The greenhouse was so hot and humid that we didn't stay long.  We quickly purchased our selections and headed home. Later on that night we ate dinner at Zingerman's Roadhouse in Ann Arbor.  We were able to be seated on the patio (which I love) and enjoyed a lovely dinner.  Marcus ordered the Pimento Cheese and Peppered Bacon Macaroni and I ordered a Chicken Caesar Salad.   


Sunday - We slept in a little bit but managed to get our day started early.  We had to go to Lowes for some landscaping supplies and Meijer's for some last minute grocery shopping for dinner.  Somehow we spent almost 2 hours in Lowe's wandering from aisle to aisle looking  at patio furniture, then lawn tools, then plants, then garage and closet organization systems.   I don't know where the time goes when we go in there.  We just get lost in the possibilities of home improvement projects.   Once home we started planting our flowers and re-mulching the plant beds.  It ended up taking 4 hours!!!! I'm just glad it's done and over with for the season.  Now we can just sit back and enjoy the fruits of our labour.  Our good friends stopped by for a quick chat and then we drove to our parents house for dinner (which was very yummy!). 


Monday - I got up early to wash my hair and finish cooking/cleaning.  I didn't really sit down and relax until late afternoon.  I watched the storm roll in and relaxed under the sounds of the rain and thunder.  Happy Memorial Weekend!!!

0 comments: